Friday, August 04, 2006

Get Some Schoolin'

As I'm walking back to the car today from taking Non to class, I'm walking up the sidewalk and there is a Nissan 240SX dropping off some kids (heh), though not at the pool. As a good father would he simply lets them get out of the car and fend for themselves as they go to school. He actually is a good dad, and says what any normal dad would, which is to tell them to have a nice day. Then, as they walk away, he loudly says one other thing to them.

"Learn lots!"

So, um, I'm not an English major, but I'm positive that while that's mostly a complete thought, there HAS to be a better way to encourage the kids to learn as much as they can today. But instead of, "Hey guys, take advantage of the opportunity you have today and learn as much as you can!" he give's them a mixed message of "Learn lots!" which translates into "Do as I say and not as I do!". Education starts at home, if you can't speak properly to your children, they are most likely going to grow up being complete nut sacks, like you Nissan 240SX.

PS: I saw this guy a few minutes later at the Diamond Shamrock, and I wish I had more to report, but the only thing I can hold against him is his, "GO DENVER" t-shirt which had some Bible scripture reference on it. I don't think I can hold that against him (but I really wanna) and he obviously favors the shortest way possible to convey any one message. "Go Denver! Learn Lots!" Eee gads.

3 comments:

Rick Lee said...

True...True...

venture17 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
venture17 said...

Come on mang...need some new reading material!