Monday, February 20, 2006

Shocking...

In case you ever wondered, the voltage used for T1's is a lot.

180 VDC to be exact.

I didn't know that until today, and while trying to simply measure the voltage, I did something almost as dumb as the time when I shorted out a screw driver against a
Unilux light in the attempt to repair it. Quite the experience that was.

Today however, I rested my index finger against the posts of a 110 cross connect block and, well, let's just say that I wasn't pleased with my choice of places to put my finger. 184 VDC is the actual voltage on these two posts I touched and it bites. Don't try this at home. I'm serious. ;)

Dang.

3 comments:

Bird said...

I'm gone for one day and already you are getting into trouble. Be careful Q...that finger is important, and not just for pickin yer nose, if you get my meaning

Anonymous said...

Well Birdie - he could always use a q-tip.

The Professor said...

Quite "The Shocker."