Sunday, October 30, 2005

Bird Flu

It's been confirmed as of yesterday that I have a strain of bird flu.
I am admittedly scared at this point, I don't know what to do or how to react all of a sudden. Here's my brief research I've done thus far.

What are the symptoms of bird flu?

Bird flu can cause a range of symptoms. Some report insomnia, high blood pressure, loss of appetite, trouble breathing, weakness [mostly around the knees], the inability to speak coherently, fear and paranoia [in most cases we found this as being a result of trying too hard], and occasionally symptoms have included constant flashbacks and incapacity to concentrate which indicates a very high possiblity of a mental cramp. Of these last symptoms, the treatment seems to be time and pain management.

How is bird flu treated?


Studies done in laboratories suggest that the treatments approved for this type of infection should work in cases of bird flu. However, some can become resistant to these treatments, so these treatments may not always work. Additional studies are needed to prove the effectiveness of these treatments. Early signs of laboratory treatments seem to have a positive indication that the treatments are mostly effective, though the control conditions for the studies are impossible to maintain, so once again treatment may only be time and pain management.

What is the CDC recommending for me?

They won't return my calls.



I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do about the symptoms even?


MQ



No comments: